Re: Auto-indent new lines in html-mode

From: Mark Newby
Subject: Re: Auto-indent new lines in html-mode
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 15:35:58 -0000

I subscribe to the newsgroup, but for some reason I'm not getting sent all
the messages --some guy Charles Sebold told me to look on Google and there I
found yours.

Thanks for the info.  I don't agree w/ you on html-mode I'm afraid.  Just to
be sure --I'm talking about hitting RET and if the current line is indented
with tabs or spaces, then indent the new line automatically by the same
amount.  You see, you're coding convention wouldn't be affected if this was
default --none of your code is indented, so it wouldn't change.

I'm new to Unix/Linux and written code in the Win env for many yrs.  All
these provide this behaviour I'm after, so I find it odd that what's been
described as the world's best editor doesn't even provide it --not even if
you want to explicitly tell it to do it, it's just not possible, let alone
default.

Can't we have a simple menu option of [Auto Indent New Lines]??...

Are all the editors in the Unix world like this?

Mark