CRASH!

From: Kalyan Mukherjea
Subject: CRASH!
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:10:17 +0530 (IST)

Hello everybody,
        I am using GNU-Emacs 20.5 on Red Hat 6.2 Linux distribution.
I was using the attached tcl file to produce pictures for insertion in a
LaTeX document. I have used it many times before. I would open a
terminal,and do
kkm@TeX/pix$TexPict.tcl <Ret>
and a window would appear, I'd do my figures using a mouse and look at the
dvi file, carefully noting the name of the dvi-file. Close the window and
fetch the corresponding .tex file written in the /tmp directory and use
it. Sometime ago I read that there is a tcl-mode for Emacs (I think Glynn
Clements wrote about it) so I thought I'd try it. I did
\M-x tcl-mode <Ret>
\C-x \C-f  TexPict.tcl
Then from the tcl-mode drop-down menu chose send process and the little
white window appeared without any of the icons and Emacs froze. I opened a
terminal, did ps but there was no entry for emacs  there: so no
chance to kill it, it is still running minimized on my desktop.

HELP! (I have attached the TexPict.tcl file as I had always used it modulo
one   change: I had changed the BigFont from helvetica 12 to 16. But that
could explain the absence of toolbars etc., not why Emacs quit.
        I am not sure how to find a core file either since this has never
happened before.

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks  in advance.
Kalyan