Setting a window's size?

From: Mike Schiraldi
Subject: Setting a window's size?
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:11:46 -0500

I know there are functions to shrink or enlarge a window by x lines, but is
there any simple way to set a window to x lines?

I'd like to have a macro that launches gdb and makes its window 8 lines
tall. Here's what i'm currently using:

(fset 'good-gdb
   [?\C-x ?2
    ?\C-x ?o
    ?\M-x ?g ?d ?b return ?\C-u ?\C-x ?q escape ?\C-c

Unfortunately, C-x - doesn't do the job since gdb hasn't yet output anything
by the time emacs gets to that part of the macro.

Perhaps i should use the window-height function somehow?

Thanks