Re: ange-ftp

From: Roberto Selbach Teixeira
Subject: Re: ange-ftp
Date: 20 Apr 2001 15:53:56 -0300

On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, rcanellas@eversystems.com.br wrote:
> Hi!!
>
> New to the list... hope everyone is fine!
>
> I am trying to open a file in another machine The ftp connection is
> ok, but when I try to open the file, a "File exists, but cannot be
> opened" message appears.
>
> Does anyone know what I need to do to be able to open the file?

Do you have permission to open the file?

--
Roberto Selbach Teixeira                  maragato@conectiva.com.br
Conectiva, S.A.                            http://www.conectiva.com

You may think that there is nothing you need to know about Vi.
Don't fool yourself, there is at least one thing you positively
*have* to know about Vi:

Pressing lots of ESC's followed by ":q!<Ret>" will quit the damn thing.