Time stamp

From: Moore, Mathew L
Subject: Time stamp
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 14:24:49 -0400

Hello:

I am running Emacs 20.5.1 on a Sparc workstation running the Linux OS.
System time and hardware clock are both set to  the correct time; however,
when I save a file from Emacs, the time stamp it uses is about one hour
(actually, one hour and five minutes) ahead of the system time.  Does anyone
know what may be causing this?

What's even weirder is that when I 'display-time' in Emacs, it produces the
correct time on the mode bar.

This is really a pain when trying to use gmake to build a program.  I keep
getting a time skew warning.

--Matt Moore