cperl-mode and global-set-key

From: Dan Cardamore
Subject: cperl-mode and global-set-key
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:19:31 -0400

I have GNU emacs 20.7.1 with the included cperl-mode.

I have in my .emacs a section where I say:
(global-set-key [RET] 'newline-and-indent)

This works fine for all modes except for cperl.  I get a plain \n when I
do that.  However, once i've loaded cperl-mode I can manually run that
and it will work.

I tried putting that in my cperl-hook, but it didn't work.

Does anyone have this working?  Also, does anyone have any good
cperl-mode .emacs files?

Thanks,

Dan
      Dan Cardamore          wombat@hld.ca         http://www.hld.ca
  3:16pm  up 20 days, 17:45,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.06, 0.08