ispell misalignment

From: Alberto Imparato
Subject: ispell misalignment
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:26:31 +0200 (CEST)

I've compiled emacs 20.7 on a alpha osf1 machine.
Whenever I try to spell a file (.cpp, .tex ...)
I receive a ispell misalignment error from emacs.
In the etc/PROBLEMS file there's written:
"* When you run Ispell from Emacs, it reports a "misalignment" error.

This can happen if you compiled Ispell to use ASCII characters only
and then try to use it from Emacs with non-ASCII characters,
specifically Latin-1.  The solution is to recompile Ispell with
Latin-1 support"
but I don't know how to recompile isplell.el with
this support.
    Questo messaggio e' stato inviato con interporto, la scrivania
on line offerta da www.interpuntonet.it in collaborazione con Telemail
                         http://www.telemail.it