Re: new emacs book from larry ayers

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: new emacs book from larry ayers
Date: 16 Aug 2001 12:38:56 +0900

Bill Richter <richter@conley.math.nwu.edu> writes:
> The new users need to know the advanced features, because the
> "un-advanced" features aren't nearly as good as the ones they're used
> to from Windoze editors.  In Emacs, there's no Shift-mouse-1 to select
> a large region, nor C-x/C-c/C-v to cut/copy/paste.

In windoze, C-x/C-c/C-v _are_ the `advanced' features...

Most `average' windoze users I've observed using a windows program seem
to use the cut/copy/paste menu items instead (usually while I grit my teeth).

I think those sophisticated enough to graduate to using the keyboard
will probably do just fine by simply looking at the key-bindings
displayed in the menus.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche