Re: transparent emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: transparent emacs
Date: 29 Aug 2001 12:23:06 +0900

I've added pixmap face background support to Emacs (`transparency' in in
most X/Gnome/&c. applications is really just an appropriately handled
pixmap background, not true transparency), and yes the changes are too
big to make it into 21.  It's been a while since I hacked on them, too,
so they've probably suffered some bit-rot.

See ftp://alpha.gnu.org/miles for snapshots.

-Miles
--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'