binding double-mouse-1 instead of mouse-2

From: Raj Manandhar
Subject: binding double-mouse-1 instead of mouse-2
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 13:26:58 -0500 (CDT)

How can I customize modes such as Info or dired to use a double-click
instead of the middle button to jump to the node or file under the
mouse? I tried

(define-key Info-mode-map  [double-mouse-1] 'Info-mouse-follow-nearest-node)

but that has no effect. I think that the mouse-drag-region function in
mouse.el (which is bound to down-mouse-1) is swallowing the
double-click.
--
Raj Manandhar (take out the spam me not)