Re: something to jump to file:line

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: something to jump to file:line
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 01:00:36 +0300

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001 01:37:23 +0400 (MSD), Roman Suzi <rnd@onego.ru> wrote:
> >On Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:34:19 +0400 (MSD), Roman Suzi <rnd@onego.ru> wrote:
> >>
> >> I am looking for some way to automate visiting specific
> >> lines in files, like grep display does, but from file.
> >
> >The easiest way to accomplish your wish is to do:
> >1. Add another : after the line number
> >i.e. your example will become:
> >file1.txt:12:  trararar
> >file1.txt:190:  gfhgggg
> >file.txt:345:  dfasdf
> >2. In this buffer do M-x compilation-mode <Enter>
>
> I knew it is easy!
> But how about positioning to trararar?

I don't know about searching a string, but to go to some column - just
add the column number and :.
e.g.
file1.txt:12:5:  trararar
file1.txt:190:24:  gfhgggg
file.txt:345:77:  dfasdf

Please note that the 1st 2 lines of the buffer are ignored, so leave
2 empty lines in your buffer before the actual references.

Ehud.

BTW. if you checked the `next-error' help that I recommended, you should
     have found about the `compilation-error-regexp-alist' variable,
     that control the parsing of the "error" lines.

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-7966-561 Fax: +972-3-7966-667   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign