Re: alternate home-made smileys (was: trying to use my own PNGs for smil

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: alternate home-made smileys (was: trying to use my own PNGs for smileys)
Date: 26 Oct 2001 13:15:17 +0900

Maciej Kalisiak <mac@dgp.toronto.edu> writes:
> > It doesn't really handle alpha-channels correctly, but it does blend the
> > partially transparent bits with the background color, so it _should_
> > look OK `most of the time'...
>
> Really?  Hmm, mixed feelings: yeay, that it's supposed to work,
> grumble, because it doesn't.  :)

What does it seem to do?

I should note that the `background color' it blends with is either the
background color specified in the PNG file [I'm not sure the proper PNG
terminology for this, but the code looks like:

        png_get_bKGD (png_ptr, info_ptr, &image_bg);

] or, if that's not specified, the background color of the frame.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche