Upgrading to 21.1

From: Kalyan Mukherjea
Subject: Upgrading to 21.1
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 11:48:43 +0530 (IST)

Hello everyone,
        I just downloaded emacs-21.1.tar.gz from ftp.gnu.org
and followed the instructions in INSTALL.

./configure
make
src/emacs -q
Emacs came on ...
make clean

But when I now invoke  emacs I still get the old emacs-20.7.

I am working on RH Linux 7.1. Should I uninstall emacs 20.7
first and then build again? How do I unistall emacs which
was installed by RH during  the process of loading Linux?

        In my /usr/bin there are the following excecutables:
emacs,emacs-20.7, emacs-nox, emacsclient.

Cheers.

Kalyan