emacsclient question

From: Saab Siddiqui
Subject: emacsclient question
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:45:57 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I have some problems with emacsclient and gnuclient. Please help me out.

Basically, I am running GNU Emacs 20.1.1 and have done a server-start in the
Emacs. I then try emacsclient by the following command and get the message
"Waiting for Emacs" but nothing happens.

If I try gnuclient I get a different message. Should I be using gnuclient or
emacsclient to view the file in an existing Emacs ?

Why do I get a "Waiting for Emacs" when there is already an Emacs running ? I
check my processes and there is an emacsserver running.

/home/cnvo/u02/intesab $ emacsclient sab77.aa01
Waiting for Emacs...

/home/cnvo/u02/intesab $ gnuclient sab77.aa01
/opt/corp/tools/bin/gnuclient: No such file or directory
/opt/corp/tools/bin/gnuclient: unable to connect to local
/home/cnvo/u02/intesab $

I appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks,
Saab