Re: Keys in Emacs and Window Managers

From: sen_ml
Subject: Re: Keys in Emacs and Window Managers
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 09:36:47 +0900 (JST)

Hello,

From: sen_ml@eccosys.com
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 12:49:10 +0900 (JST)

> I'll try this line of thought out to see how it goes.  [ I'm
> slightly wary of this though as some minor modes I use employ C-c
> non-letter, and I occasionally mistype key sequences. ]

I've looked into this matter a bit more.

I'm currently using the Blackbox window manager and its documentation
recommends using the bbkeys utility to associate key sequences with
window manager actions.

However, there does not appear to be any way to tell this utility to
capture sequences of the form C-c LETTER.  I tried to get it to do so,
but I didn't manage to find a way, so I contacted the author of
bbkeys.  He told me that it isn't possible at the moment.

Are there any other possiblly safe prefix key sequences?