Anyone write their own quick/better/easier functions to write & use MACR

From: Chris Seberino
Subject: Anyone write their own quick/better/easier functions to write & use MACROS?
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:43:06 -0800

I have read and used macros with Emacs and think they are great.
There are many ideas that would make them nicer for a lazy
person such as myself I was hoping someone implemented already.....

It would be nice to have a combo like C-m that started
the macro definition/recording phase and then would
turn OFF recording when done by doing C-m again!!!!
(Notice the same combo has to have intelligence to know
if you want to TOGGLE recording on or off.)

It would be nice to have a quick and easy
way to save these quick and dirty
macros made with C-m toggle switch to a file
to reload via the .emacs file.

Thanks,

Chris

| Dr. Christian Seberino  || (619) 553-7940 (office1) |
| SPAWARSYSCEN 2733       || (619) 553-2564 (office2) |
| 53560 HULL ST           || (619) 553-6307 (fax)     |
| SAN DIEGO CA 92152-5001 || seberino@spawar.navy.mil |