RE: printing from emacs NT

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: RE: printing from emacs NT
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:25:45 -0600

Here is what I have in my .emacs.  Change the "//tdmaus-aus01/ps8" to
the path for your networked printer, the format should be similar.  I
found the name by opening a windows application, i.e. word and typing
Ctrl-P, the name of your default printer should be in the window labeled
name.  If the printer is a postscript printer then the "ps-" variables
should also be set.  In theory, according to the emacs documentation,
this is not necessary.  I have not found that to be the case.

(setq lpr-command "lpr")
(setq printer-name "//tdmaus-aus01/ps8")  ;; this is my default printer
(setq ps-lpr-command "lpr")
(setq ps-printer-name "//tdmaus-aus01/ps8")  ;; this is my default
PS-printer

J_)
C_)ingham
.    COMPAQ NonStop Integrity Systems
.    Austin, TX
. Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
. Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire. -Dr. George W. Crane-