Re: tab key

From: Rafael U. C. Afonso
Subject: Re: tab key
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:02:42 -0200

        Hello,

        I think that tour answer is in c-mode costumization. Go to
Options->Costumize Emacs->Browse Costumization
Groups->Emacs->Programming->Languages->C. There is several options to
costumize.
        I am having problems with tab key in C (Java) Mode. First I want not
tab characters but spaces characters instead. In C Group costumization
there is "C Insert Tab Function" Option. Its value is " insert-tab". I
believe that here I can substitute tab character to space character. But
if I write "insert-space", Emacs does not accept. What value must I
write?
        Another problem is that automatic indentation has size 4. But I want 2.
How do I change it?

        Thanks,

        Rafael U. C. Afonso