RE: How read environment variable in .emacs?

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: RE: How read environment variable in .emacs?
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 14:47:49 -0600

What you are looking for is getenv.

You really should learn to use the GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual.  I found
the answer in there in less than 5 minutes (although I was pretty sure I knew
it before I went looking).  If your system does not have it installed in the
Info you can find it on the web at:
http://www.gnu.org/manual/elisp-manual-20-2.5/
This is not the latest version but it is close.  I do not know when the latest
version will be posted on the web.  Maybe some one will take the hint and get
it posted soon.

J_)
C_)ingham
.    COMPAQ NonStop Integrity Systems
.    Austin, TX
. Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
. Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire. -Dr. George W. Crane-