Re: Grep

From: Alexandre Brillant
Subject: Re: Grep
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 21:18:18 +0100

I didn't know it, this is a perfect tool for buffer searching !

My problem was not to search in the current buffer but to maintain my global desktop division without adding a new buffer for a grep or any external command. This is a concept that I don't know a lot on emacs because a buffer is typed only by the major-mode
choosen with document criteria.

Most of the time, I need only to refresh a buffer with a command (compilation...) therefore all
my "real buffer" (my programs) shouldn't be disturbed by near activities...

Thank you

Fernando Dobladez wrote:

Is there a way to force the grep command on the current buffer ?

Why don't you use the "occur" function?

Fer