Re: fringes

From: Greg Hill
Subject: Re: fringes
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:57:27 -0700

Chuck,

Not quite unique. I have been so annoyed with many of the "improvements" in emacs-21 that, instead spending my time trying to "customize them away," I just stick with emacs-20 and add to it the occasional emacs-21 feature that I find to be useful. All of the "improvements" to Emacs-21 (like the "fringes" and "tool-bar") that are immediately obvious to anyone familiar with previous versions appear to have been designed by an escapee from the Microsoft asylum.

--Greg