Dumping Emacs

From: abhi.davande
Subject: Dumping Emacs
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:03:53 +0530

Dear All,
Can anyone please tell me what is dumping of Emacs? What does function
(dump-emacs to-file from-file) performs?
I had modified emacs as per my needs.Is it possible to generate executable of
modified emacs so that i don't have to load modification files in .emacs?
Can (dump-emacs) functions help me for making new executable of emacs with
modified features?
Please let me know.I will be appreciating your kind reply,

Abhijit