Re: Failed Customization

From: Eddie Bush
Subject: Re: Failed Customization
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 14:40:56 -0500

I can managed to set the background mode to "dark" and get that to stick - but the default face is having no affect on the rest of them - it simply is causing my screen to flicker from black to white and then black - and finally white. What gives?

Eddie Bush wrote:

Hi - I'm running the following version of emacs and I'm having problems getting custom colors to "stick". It makes no difference whether I specify "save for future sessions" or not.

GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)

I'd have added this to my previous post, but my provider doesn't seem to think I need the ability to post to the news server. If someone could point me toward a (free) public news server, I'd be most appreciative. I'd really like to get this resolved. I use Emacs exclusively and the white background really bothers my eyes.

Thanks!

Eddie