new tutorial on devWorks

From: Thomas L Roche
Subject: new tutorial on devWorks
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 17:00:53 -0400

I recently noticed the following on IBM's devWorks site:

> ::: Living in Emacs :::
> Inscrutable Emacs? No more! This tutorial will get you up the
> learning curve and working quickly, providing complete coverage of
> the popular Emacs text editor. From e-mail, writing Web pages, and
> coding, to games and ELIZA, there's something for everyone.
> http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/education/r-emacs.html?n-l-742

Requires (minimal) registration to access (just give them your email
address for confirmation), but if that's too much for you, I have also
(for a limited time only) put the PDF at

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~tlroche/livingInEmacs.pdf

(The devWorks links allows on to view as HTML, as well as several
other formats.)

Very basic stuff, so probably not too useful for the folks on this
list, but covers a lotta ground, and is pretty well illustrated.
Oriented toward GNU on X on a Linux, but at this level it doesn't make
much difference. IMHO

* worth a mention in the FAQ

* bookmarking, in order to send to new users one might know/meet