Re: Initial Frame

From: Eddie Bush
Subject: Re: Initial Frame
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 14:17:53 -0500

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
ekbush@swbell.net (Eddie Bush) writes:

How can I do away with this?  I don't like the "splash-screen".  If
you're not willing to tell me how to get rid of it, could you at least
tell me what I am looking for?  This one has me completely thrown off

A little petulant, eh?

inhibit-startup-message is what you probably want.

Perhaps - but I know how you guys are. I'm not saying I blame you. I think it's good that you try to force people to learn. I _did_ try to find the answer myself - I just failed ... miserably. =/

Thanks to all that helped!

By the way - it seems the startup-message was the cause for the first buffer I went to after the message displayed to put point at the wrong spot. I just _knew_ (in my gut) that thing was evil for more than one reason!

Thanks so much =)  I now feel I have (my) emacs "back"!

Sincerely,

Eddie