Re: 2 little problems

From: Charles Muller
Subject: Re: 2 little problems
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:27:13 +0900 (JST)

> I've followed the instructions on the web, configuring and making emacs, but
> can't find how to run it.  I'm new to linux (mandrake 8.2) and don't know
> how to search to find it. Can you help or point me to a useful web
> page?

If you installed Mandrake 8.2 from the installation CDs, there should
be an Emacs RPM included. Go the the Mandrake Control Center >> Software, and
look under Uninstalled Software for the Emacs package. Once you find it, just
tick the box and then click "Install" at the top of the Control Center window.
If you install this way, you should be able to run Emacs from any shell prompt.
Mandrake will also probably set up an icon in the Programs menu.

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@gol.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary
[http://www.acmuller.net]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787