Re: rotating between buffers

From: Fernando Dobladez
Subject: Re: rotating between buffers
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:53:58 -0500

I'd use the 'bs' package (comes standard in Emacs 21.x) it's a wonderful replacement for C-x C-b, and it also provides bs-cycle-next and bs-cycle-previous functions (that do what you want)

As a bonus, those "cycle" functions skip the temporary buffers (if you want to).

Example bindings:

(global-set-key "\C-x\C-b" 'bs-show) ;;
(global-set-key (kbd "<f6>") 'bs-cycle-next)
(global-set-key (kbd "<S-f6>") 'bs-cycle-previous)

You could also try pc-bufsw.el, it tries to mimic Windows' Alt-TAB behavior.

Fer

Stevens, Brigham wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to convince a co-worker to use emacs. He will do it if there is a key stroke that will allow him to rotate between active buffers, like alt-tab in windows allows you to cycle through windows.

I am totally down with ctrl-x b to go to a named buffer, and ctrl-x ctrl-b to get the buffer list, and even control -left click to get a buffer menu pop-up... but It has to be a keystroke according to him..

So is there any such command built in to emacs to do this, or does anyone have something I can add on?

Thanks in advance!

--brigham