Re: how to bind to S-\ ???

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: how to bind to S-\ ???
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 08:22:43 -0500 (CDT)

>  (global-set-key [(shift "\")] 'foo)

Thanks; I meant "super \" - but of course it comes out about the same!

In the mean time, I figured out an alternate way (using octal)

 (global-set-key [(super ?\134)] 'foo)

The question mark is of course what I had been missing in my previous
attempts.

Note that the quoted line of code you gave me causes this message to
appear:

Compiling file /home/jcorneli/.xemacs/custom.el at Sat Aug 31 08:16:23
2002
  !! End of stream ((#<buffer " *Compiler Input*">))

(The message appears to have no consequences.)

For whatever reason, my version doesn't cause this message to appear --
and more importantly, it keeps the syntax hightlighting consistent!

Joe