Re: Fonts For 21.1.30 On Mac OSX?

From: Andrew Choi
Subject: Re: Fonts For 21.1.30 On Mac OSX?
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 00:06:13 GMT

Edward Dodge <dkdodge@cox-internet.com> writes:

> From what I can see with "M-x list-fontsets,"  I only have one font...
>
> OUTPUT:
> ___________
> Fontset: -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-default
> Fontset: -etl-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-16-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-mac
>
> I found some fonts at:
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi-emacs/Resources/GNU-Fonts.smi.bin
>
> But there are no instructions on how to install them or change to
> them.  Anyone know?

You can find out how to install fonts on Mac OS X by searching for
`installing fonts' in the Help Center.

Font sets are not the same as fonts.  Information about font sets can
be found in the Emacs manual.  To list all the /fonts/ you can use,
evaluate the expression

  (x-list-fonts "*").

To evaluate an expression, one way is to type it into the *scratch*
buffer and then type C-j.  If you can't see all of the fonts, first
evaluate the expression

  (setq eval-expression-print-length 100).

Another way to see all your fonts is to type `M-x set-frame-font RET'
and type TAB when prompted for a `Font name: '.  Of course choosing a
font here will set the font for the current frame.

To make this font setting `permanent', read about default-frame-alist
and initial-frame-alist in the Emacs on-line manual.

Also, if it is possible, please use the version of Emacs in the CVS
repository instead of the older version in the subject line.