Re: Newbie, Emacs won't quit

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: Newbie, Emacs won't quit
Date: 05 Sep 2002 09:39:02 +0800

bill-ggroups@wishon.org (Bill Wishon) writes:

> > Hm?  If you type, say C-h k C-f, do you then get the documentation
> > for the C-f key?
> I'm having the same trouble quiting emacs.  I can't do C-h k anything
> because when I do Alt-X describe-key C-h emacs recognizes it at DEL
> and gives me the docs for the DEL key.

You can use F1-k instead of C-h k - in general, F1 can be used as the
help-command
if your terminal absolutely won't distinguish between C-h and DEL.

> > Do you get a similar documentation after C-h k C-x C-c?
> Alt-X describe-key C-x C-c results in emacs displaying "C-x C-g is
> undefined" in the minibuffer.  So when I type C-c emacs is seeing a

That's really weird. Do you happen to have some sort of keymapping going on -
.inputrc,
bindkeys, wha?

--
Sacha Chua <sacha@free.net.ph> - 4 BS CS Ateneo geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, wearables, teaching compsci