Re: Journal package for Emacs?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Journal package for Emacs?
Date: 07 Sep 2002 17:42:48 +0000

mike hardy <no_sp@m.for_me.org> writes:

> 'M-x journal' that opens my/a journal file, inserts a date/timestamp
> and I can start editing under the date/timestamp.

in a former life

 http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/trips/

i would do `M-x trl-begin-entry' to begin a trip log entry, and `C-c
C-c' to conclude (add title, adjust hyperlinks, check into RCS, update
index).  this facility was provided by homegrown elisp (actually grown
on the road, following the two-wheeled meditation programming skool ;-)

 http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/ttn-pers-elisp/dist/lisp/editing/trl.el

a sample template file is appended (remove the "; " line prefix).  this
template fits w/ trl, so if you change one you should change the other
accordingly.

happy tripping,
thi

; <html>
; <head>
; <title>Life the Universe and Everything Trip Log Entry </title>
; </head>
;
; <body>
;
; <p><hr>
; Copyright (C) 2002 Thien-Thi Nguyen <br>
; <a href="index.html">Index.</a>
; <!-- <a href="">Next log entry.</a>
; -->
; <a href="/people/ttn/contact.html">Comments?</a>
; </body>
; </html>