Re: Can bookmark file execute code?

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: Can bookmark file execute code?
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 10:33:06 +0800

mike hardy <no_sp@m.for_me.org> writes:

> Is there any way to put something into the bookmark file (~/.emacs.bmk) so
> that when I select a particular item it executes some code (like an
> alias)?  Someone gave me an insert-date function, and I have a journal
> file I access via a bookmark.  It would be much handier to have that
> bookmark open the file and execute my alias (go to bottom, insert-date).

remember.el automatically does this for you. You might want to read
its code, or just use it wholesale. In fact, it even pops up a nice
window for you...

Seriously, if all you want to do is insert a timestamp, check it
out. It's pretty cool, and you can easily make the functions record
more information. I'd love to be able to use that in a wearable
computing setup that keeps track of where I am and who I talk to! <laugh>
(ooooh, bbdb to the rescue...)

Note to self: hack remember.el to work with planner.el so that it adds
notes to the end of the day's planner... That'd be, like, tres cool.

--
Sacha Chua <sacha@free.net.ph> - 4 BS CS Ateneo geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, wearables, teaching compsci