Re: [newbie] getting emacs to recognize the ".cpp" file extension

From: Brad Fonseca
Subject: Re: [newbie] getting emacs to recognize the ".cpp" file extension
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 13:33:06 GMT

Kai Großjohann wrote:

> Brad Fonseca <linuxbrad@rogers.com> writes:
>
>> I was wondering if there is a way to get emacs to recognize the
>> ".cpp" file extension as being a C++ file.  I'm guessing I'll be
>> modifying my .emacs file somehow.
>
> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.cpp\\'" . c++-mode))
>
> kai

Thanks so much for the help!  I was able, with some prompting from one of
the list members over the weekend, to locate the appropriate section in the
GNU Emacs manual.  With that knowledge, I was able to set my preference.
The solution turned out to be exactly as above. :)

Thanks for the help!

--
---
Brad Fonseca