Tramp using plink - password not recognized

From: andrew
Subject: Tramp using plink - password not recognized
Date: 10 Sep 2002 09:31:29 -0700

I'm having some problems getting connected using Tramp 2.0.15 and
plink.

I'm running  the windows port of emacs version 21.2.1 under win 2k

Below is the output from the debug buffer.

I can get plink to work in a command window  but  when I try through
emacs, I am prompted for the password 4 times  before the connection
process fails

Looking up host "99.99.999.999"
Connecting to 99.99.999.999 port 22
Server version: SSH-2.0-2.3.1 F-SECURE SSH
We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY-Release-0.52
Using SSH protocol version 2
Doing Diffie-Hellman key exchange
Host key fingerprint is:
ssh-dss 1024 56:0d:58:a6:fb:7c:af:10:a3:7e:56:3f:72:b5:71:84
oracle@99.99.999.999's password:

No supported authentication methods left to try!
No supported authentications offered. Disconnecting
Remote process exit code unavailable

I had slightly better luck with an older version of tramp in that  the
password was accepted but  the remote login script  then prompted for
input of a variable which caused some problems - that is when I
switched to the latest version of tramp which gives me the results
mentioned above.

Any help appreciated

Thankyou