Re: left justify in HTML Helper mode

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: left justify in HTML Helper mode
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 17:37:16 GMT

Chuck Siska <chuck.siska@skyworksinc.com> writes:

> haines --
>
> try C-u - 9 9 9 C-x <tab> on the region.
>
> -- chuck
>
> Haines Brown wrote:
> >
> > In editing html docs, I frequently encounter text that is either
> > centered or has a variable number of spaces at the beginning of each
> > line.
> >
> > I want to left justify the whole or a marked area. The way I do it now
> > requres at least several steps.

Thanks, but not having much luck with this.

The suggestion to try C-u 80 C-x <TAB> merely moved the selected block
of text 80 spaces to the right and did nothing for justification.

Your suggesttion to try C-u 999 C-x <TAB> just moved the block even
more, again, without justfication.

Makes no difference if I'm in HTML or in Text mode.

--
      Haines Brown
        brownh@hartford-hwp.com