Re: sml-mode error

From: Jaime H . Barrera
Subject: Re: sml-mode error
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 23:38:52 -0400

In article <5l65xetzy0.fsf@rum.cs.yale.edu>,
monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu says...
> > I get the error file mode specification error: (void variable
> > bad-style-face) while trying to open a sml program.  I am running
> > xemacs 21.1 on windows 2000 machine.  Can anyone help me?  Oh, and
> > below is the traceback.
>
> XEmacs questions should be directed to comp.emacs.xemacs rather
> than here which is an Emacs-specific group.
>
> I'm the maintainer of "SML mode", but I must say that your backtrace
> makes me think this is a very old version of the sml-mode (before my time).
>
> I know that there is an sml-mode package for XEmacs using the very
> latest code, so try it out.
>

>         Stefan

Right, thanks for the tip about posting, unfortunately I just posted
another question that I hope you can forgive.  I will be posting it to
the appropriate newsgroup.  As per your remark, you were right about the
code being old, I used a more recent version of sml-mode and it worked
like a charm.  Thanks.
-J