Re: Two questions

From: Frank Winkler @home
Subject: Re: Two questions
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:53:38 +0200 (CEST)

On 11 Sep 2002 20:57:34 -0400, Jeff Mincy wrote:

 >> Ok, "font-lock-mode" seems to be a good trace. If I enable this mode, my
 >> Perl program gets fontified. But I still don't understand why and how.
 >> The word "perl" doesn't appear in font-lock.el.
 >
 >You got it backwards...  Look for font-lock in perl-mode.el or

With the help of some other posting I found that in the meantime :) ...

 >cperl-mode.el depending on which one you are really using.

... but what's "cperl-mode"?

 >> So where exactly is the keyword-color mapping defined? Why is this not
 >> coupled to perl-mode.el?
 >
 >Perhaps you are looking for the faces that are being used:

Yes - now I got the system with the faces.

 >I'm guessing you are wanting to customize the colors of the various
 >faces...

Basically, I want to understand how it works. Then I may think about
customization.

Regards

Frank Winkler                                                frank@consol.de
ConSol GmbH
Franziskanerstr. 38                                   Voice +49 89 45841.180
81669 Munich - Germany                                  Fax +49 89 45841.199