Emacs: file-error "Cannot open load file" "cc-mode"

From: Magnus Mager
Subject: Emacs: file-error "Cannot open load file" "cc-mode"
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:24:47 +0200

Hi there!

I'am using GNU-Emacs 21.2 on both my home machine and my notebook.
On my host machine it works fine, but on my notebook the following fails:
- When I open an c/cpp file the status line says: file-error "Cannot open
load file" "cc-mode".
- When I want to switch into the gnus mode it says: Cannot open load file:
gnus.

What have I done wrong duiring installation?

Thanks.

Magnus