Re: Configuring TEI-Emacs

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: Configuring TEI-Emacs
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:30:13 GMT

Haines Brown <brownh@hartford-hwp.com> writes:

Sorry for the duplicate message (which I thought was personal, not
going out to everyone).

I managed to get XML going under emacs with tei-emacs, but doing so
upsets my emacs set up.

More specifically, I define my emacs fonts and geometry with a set of
statements in ~/.Xdefaults:

  emacs*bitmapIcon: on
  emacs.Font:*-lucidatypewriter-bold-r-normal-*-12-*
  emacs.geometry:=221x84+0+26
  emacs.toolBar: 0

And define colors in ~/.emacs:

 (set-background-color "linen")
 (set-foreground-color "RoyalBlue4")
 (set-mouse-color "Orchid")
 (set-cursor-color "Orchid")

And then added statements to support tei-emacs:

(setq homedir "/home/brownh/elisp/tei/tei-emacs")
(add-to-list 'load-path (concat homedir "/elisp"))
(load-library "tei-emacs-init")

The last statement (load-library) kills the custom configuration of
geometry and color. Also, emacs no longer starts in text mode. I want the
SGML/XML mode to load only when an .xml file is present in the buffer.

--
      Haines Brown
        brownh@hartford-hwp.com