Re: update date in diary

From: Edward M. Reingold
Subject: Re: update date in diary
Date: 14 Sep 2002 21:54:26 -0500

>>>>> "bi" == bruce ingalls <bingalls@fit-zones.NO-SPAM.com> writes:

    bi> ;;Is this actually useful?  ;;(setq calendar-latitude 40.7) ;New York
    bi> City ;;(setq calendar-longitude -73.9) ;New York City, EDT

They are needed to get times of sunrise/sunset for your locale (but you also
need calendar-time-zone, calendar-standard-time-zone-name, and
calendar-daylight-time-zone-name).  These variables particpate in other things
as weel (lunar phase times, for example).

    bi> ;;Doesn't seem to do anything (require 'appt) (appt-check)

    bi> Ideally, I'd like the calendar & holidays to appear in one frame. If
    bi> diary-file exists, I'd like diary, too. I tried (setq calendar-setup
    bi> 'one-frame) but this caused errors in Emacs v21.2.1, running on
    bi> Linux. The default of nil works fine, except when I add holidays to
    bi> the mix.

I will track down the problem if you can be more specific--I don't use Linux,
nor have I switched to v. 21 yet.

--

Professor Edward M. Reingold                Email: reingold@iit.edu
Chairman, Department of Computer Science    Voice: (312) 567-3309