Re: tramp: password prompt

From: Michael P. Soulier
Subject: Re: tramp: password prompt
Date: 23 Sep 2002 14:52:20 GMT

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:11:40 +0200, Kai   Großjohann
<grossjoh@ls6.informatik.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:

> If you try to use Tramp, do you then see that prompt in the
> *tramp/foo* buffer after it times out?

    The second prompt is. Tramp picks up the first prompt and lets me respond
to it, but not the second one.

C-x C-f /[sm/msoulier@rabbit.homelinux.org]/home/msoulier
    ... it prompts me for the passcode on my key ...
    ... I respond, and the server sends the following prompt ...
msoulier@rabbit.homelinux.org's password:
    ... this is not picked up by tramp, so the session times out...

    ... this is left in the buffer...
msoulier@rabbit.homelinux.org's password:
Process *tramp/sm msoulier@rabbit.homelinux.org* killed

> What's your local system?  Some people, especially using plink on
> Windows, need to set the variable tramp-password-end-of-line to
> "\r\n".

    All Linux boxen involved.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix