turning off some new features

From: Bruce Park
Subject: turning off some new features
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:15:26 -0400

Hello all,

I just upgraded to redhat 7.3 and I believe it uses emacs21.2-2. Can anyone tell me how to change a few things in this new version? First, I would like to take out this graphical menu that appears here like x-emacs. Second, the cursor keeps blinking and I have edited the .emacs folder to shut this off but that's not working.
If anyone could give me some pointers, I would really appreciate it.

bp