help with double spaces etc.

From: Todd Wylie
Subject: help with double spaces etc.
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:50:08 -0500

Greetings-

I would really like to be able to have a mode in emacs that would let the user
view text in a different manner than emacs saves the buffer ... almost a
"revert on save" ability. For example, I would really like to view text in
emacs as double-spaced with auto-fill word-wrapping - but to lose the wrapping
and line returns when saved.
Are there any libraries that do something like this? I've never written lisp --
is this a very hard thing to write?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks-
T.