Re: inserting text from elsewhere

From: gnuist
Subject: Re: inserting text from elsewhere
Date: 27 Sep 2002 09:50:18 -0700

gnuist007@hotmail.com (gnuist) wrote in message
news:<9e8ebeb2.0209262005.22fa2ddb@posting.google.com>...
> I can copy and paste in notepad without problem.
> I can copy and paste in vi or vim without problem.
> I can copy and paste in emacs with problem. It interprets some characters.
> Is there a way to paste in a raw mode where it does not interpret any
> character?
> The problems are incomplete paste, deletion, cursor jumps.

Let me add some more info since no applicable help has arrived as yet.

The emacs or vi is running in an xterm window in microsoft.
Emacs can also be ran in its own window if -nw is not used.
The pasting to the emacs in its own window can be done by C-y after
C-c in say internet explorer. This is not as problematic.
The pasting to the emacs or vi in xterm window in microsoft can be
done by mouse activated paste. The vi gives absolutely no problem but
pasting to emacs is problematic.

A few threads below the following reply was given. That is to paste
to emacs in its own window and that is where I got this clue.

Note, my emacs is running on a linuxbox accessed via an xterm client
in windows. I believe it is not the Xterm client program problem since
vi gives no problem at all in the very same environment.

I need to turn all or some special characters off or go to some ISO
character set. This is because after a C-y in emacs in its own window it
did ask me if to use some ISO-???? characters upon saving.