Re: Is there a CALENDER reminder in emacs or a gnu tool or in unix

From: Wojtek Walczak
Subject: Re: Is there a CALENDER reminder in emacs or a gnu tool or in unix
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:26:13 +0000 (UTC)

Dnia 28 Sep 2002 12:06:21 -0700, gnuist006 napisał(a):
> Suppose I want to be reminded in emacs or on shell window on a certain day
> two day before and then 1hr before it?
Maybe it'll help you. It's untested, I wrote it two minutes ago ;)
You need atd and perl. On my system at sends results of its work to
a mailbox, so I'm finding reminding notes on there.
Code is here: <http://hacker.pl/gminick/pliki/reminder.txt>
It asks you about three things:
1) time
2) date
3) task
It calcuates everything by its own.

How does it looks?
% perl reminder.pl
Hour (hh:mm): 20:30
Date (mm/dd/yy): 12/31/2002
Task: c.u.p meeting!!!
warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh
job 23 at 2002-12-29 20:30
warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh
job 24 at 2002-12-31 19:30
% _

Real date of meeting is 20:30, 12/31/2002.
So, as you wanted, you'll be reminded on
20:30, 2002-12-29 -- two days before
and on
19:30, 2002-12-31 -- an hour before

HTH :)

--
[ Wojtek gminick Walczak ][ http://gminick.linuxsecurity.pl/ ]
[ gminick (at) hacker.pl ][ gminick (at) underground.org.pl/ ]