help with setq for specific file types....

From: twylie
Subject: help with setq for specific file types....
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 15:33:49 -0500

Hi-

I almost have my .emacs file the way I want it ... just 2 more things
I'd lke to be able to do that I have no idea how to do:

1. I want to be able to do a setq for specific file types. For example,
any file that ends with .html I would like to use (setq-default
line-spacing 12). I see how to add file suffixes to alist -- but not how
to set setq values. Can someone help me here?

2. Also, I would like to add color syntax for anything between quotes
(") in text mode.

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks-
T.