Re: How to make reverse video the default behavior under Windows

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: How to make reverse video the default behavior under Windows
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:31:52 -0600

Ben Key wrote:

I love to use Emacs in the reverse-video mode.  It makes it much easier for
me to see the Emacs display with my failing vision.
I do have one problem though.  The only way I know to get Emacs to start in
this mode is to run it from the command line using the --reverse-video
command line switch (or one of the various other command line switches that
cause Emacs to start in this mode).  This is fine except for when Emacs is
launched via the VisEmacs Visual Studio add in.

I cannot figure out how to make Emacs go into reverse-video mode by default.
Is it possible to do this from my .emacs file or via an environment
variable?  If it is not possible, how can I add this capability to Emacs?

The "Display Vars" node of the manual suggests putting
        (setq inverse-video t)
in your .emacs file.

The "Colors X" node suggests putting
        emacs.reverseVideo:true
in your .Xdefaults or .Xresources file, although I suspect Windows has some
other mechanism (the registry?).

Finally, startup.el and x-win.el indicate that the --reverse-video option simply
does this:
        (setq default-frame-alist
              (cons (cons 'reverse t) default-frame-alist))