Re: ftp from Emacs

From: Alex
Subject: Re: ftp from Emacs
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 04:25:35 GMT

Hi ken
I actually have this line in .netrc:
machine servername.com login myloginwith@sign password mypassword

but Emacs just picks default username which I run it
under telling me that .netrc "is not owned by you or
badly protected".I swear I gave it full access (777)
and it owned by user which runs Emacs.

When I change ange-ftp-default-user to my login name like:
(custom-declare-variable 'ange-ftp-default-user '"myusernamewith@sign"
'(......

it actually picks it up and asks for a password, connects and then errors
with ange-ftp-error: FTP Error: USER request failed: 500 AUTH not
understood.
Here is ftp buffer log:

ftp> open myserver.com
Connected to myserver.com.
220 ProFTPD FTP Server ready.
user "myname@myserver.com" Turtle Power!
500 AUTH not understood.
500 AUTH not understood.
KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type
ftp> 331 Password required for myname@myserver.com.
230 User myname@myserver.com logged in.
ftp>

Any help would be greatly appreciated!