Re: i give up, what's the EMACS icon supposed to be?

From: Richard V. Molen
Subject: Re: i give up, what's the EMACS icon supposed to be?
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 22:09:51 GMT

cantreallysay@hotmail.com (wahzoo) writes:

> I've been running GNU EMACS for years now on Windows.
> Does anyone know what the EMACS icon is a picture of?
>
> On my machine it looks like a stainless steel ring with
> the profile of an open book laid on top. (?)  (I've run
> past versions where the icon is a kitchen sink.)
>
> WtF is it?
>
> --wahzoo

Wow, you need therapy, it's obviously a sea anenome! ;-)

Well maybe not..

If when I right-click on the icon, select properties,Change icon, and
take out my +3.50 glasses and squint just right I can make out, yes,
it the face of a gnu.  It has an earring dangling off its left horn
(or is that a bad 70's haircut?). 8-)

Hey, at least it's unique.

--
Richard V. Molen

Warning!!
Signature under construction, safety glasses required.