RE: How to remove strange return-commands ?

From: Bingham, Jay
Subject: RE: How to remove strange return-commands ?
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 09:40:46 -0500

Those are carriage return characters (decimal value 13).  If you were searching
for an up arrow (shift 6) followed by an M emacs will not match that with a
carriage return.
Try this to match them:  C-Q C-M
This will insert a carriage return character into the search string.

I have seen much discussion on removing these from a buffer.  I am certain that
there are many packages available to do this.  Since I wrote my own function
before I discovered emacs packages I have not paid much attention to them.  You
might want to take a look at the packages list at
http://www.emacswiki.org/elisp/.  Or you could look in the archives of this
list.  (My function is not quite ready for primetime).

-_
J_)
C_)ingham
.    HP - NonStop Austin Software & Services - Software Product Assurance
.    Austin, TX
. Language is the apparel in which your thoughts parade in public.
. Never clothe them in vulgar and shoddy attire.          -Dr. George W. Crane-